Wednesday, March 17, 2010

“The Valleys of Unemployment”

An internet poem, author unknown, rewritten by Len M. Allen, 
I do not always understand,
why things happen as they do,
But one thing I am sure of,
My Lord will see me through.

Sometimes my life is hard to take
full of sorrows, trials, and woe.
It’s then that I remember.
It’s in the valleys that I grow!

My valleys seem so very small
when I see Christ upon the cross.
He endured that cost of pain for me,
His victory, Satan’s loss.

His grace and mercy are all I need
to handle every blow,
I thank Him for my need to pray,
“Lord! It’s in the valleys that I grow!”

"If I always stayed on mountain tops
and never had the pain,
I’d never learn to trust in You
and never peace attain.

Forgive me Lord, for doubting
when I’m feeling very low.
Just give me a reminder
it’s in the valleys that I grow!”

“So please, provide me with your strength,
and use my life each day,
To share your love with others,
and help them find their way.

You know I have so much to learn
and my growth is very slow.
I always pray for mountain tops,
but it’s in the valleys that I grow!”

“You’ve given me the comfort
that has helped me really live
Now I pass it on to others
so they too can freely give.

Thank you for the valleys Lord,
for this one thing I know.
The mountain tops are glorious
but it’s in the valleys that I grow!”

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Len! God changed my life during unemployment and I can't thank Him enough. The valley was so deep and dark, but He truly helped me grow in the process. Now, as I look back, I can see how He held me in His loving arms during the entire journey. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. I'd love to hear your thoughts right here.